Sunday, February 16, 2014

Happy Hour at Kobe Ninja House Japanese Grill & Sushi Bar


Hey Bangor bar eaters! Christina here with my first post. I reviewed Kobe Ninja House Japanese Grill & Sushi Bar on my other blog: Hippy Go Lucky Hoops when the place first opened up for business in October of 2012. By now, if you have been living in Bangor in the last couple of years, you have probably experienced what Kobe has to offer at the Hibachi grill. If you haven't been to the Hibachi yet - what are you waiting for!? It's one my favorite dining out experiences of all times. Of course it's perfect for birthdays, kids and adults both have a great time at this place. I know when I went with my Mom for her birthday the chef was feeding us sake bombs. Needless to say, we had a blast.

Recently I have had the chance to dine at Kobe on the other side of the restaurant: the bar! Amy and I met for happy hour a few weeks back and were delightfully surprised at the awesome happy hour deals we walked into. The atmosphere was quieter than all the excitement at the Hibachi tables, so it made for a perfect spot to chit chat.

For a peak at the happy hour menu, check out their awesome webpage. Serious props to this place for getting it right with the website. All of the information is clear and concise with what they promise inside. That's important!

The deal is every Tuesday & Thursday from 4-8: Half off appetizers (starting at just $2 and these are full size appetizers!) $4 cocktails, half price sushi rolls and half price entrees! My god as I'm writing this I'm already scheduling a date with Amy in my head for another round. I was pretty stoked about being able to get my usual favorites for half price. I had a bowl of edamame, a Philly roll & a Manhattan roll.

kobeninjahouse.com
We indulged in ridiculous sweet/girly/colorful drinks. I had a blue popsicle and Amy had a margarita I believe? Correct me if I'm wrong here. Also - what did you say it tasted like? Some kind of candy...they were pretty delicious. A bonus for this night was our awesome bartender. She was close to our age and we all were pretty much hitting it off like best friends. She was extremely new, but you could tell she was a natural behind the bar...it was just the sushi that she had to get used to. (I can relate, having served in a Japanese sushi bar briefly and a Chinese restaurant for 4 years.) After sipping off the rest of my blue frilly drink I ordered a more ballsy 22 oz Sapporo. To me, there is nothing better than imported Japanese beer with my raw fish.

Next time I want to go outside of the box a little bit and use the extremely awesome prices at happy hour to try some new things. I will be sure to update! The service was excellent, food and presentation was beautiful and the price a was certainly right. So next time the hibachi is full and the wait list is an hour long, head on over to the quieter side of things. You'll be surprised by what you will find!

No comments:

Post a Comment